Mad Mobile is disrupting the POS industry with a mobile-first solution that meets the needs of modern customers. Our innovative technology modernizes point-of-sale for major restaurants and retailers so they can sell more effectively, respond quickly to any change, and deliver a superior customer experience
As the VP of Engineering you will be a key part of the management team guiding all engineering development activities and achievements across our global engineering team. Bringing your technical expertise, leveraging your development and architectural experiences to drive effective, efficient, and quality teams to success.
- Build, lead, and grow a global, distributed technology team and organization
- Collaborate with technical and operational leadership across the company to ensure that our direction and approach aligns vertically throughout the technology stack.
- Drive a robust software development life cycle and process that includes requirements definition, resource and schedule estimation, sprint execution, and feature rollouts
- Use your strong engineering, leadership, and organizational development skills to drive application delivery, process improvement, employee engagement and development, and client satisfaction
- Risk-mitigation planning to proactively address technical risk including but not limited to coding standards, static code analysis, secure coding practices, and security verification
- Participate in setting the technology vision and roadmap for the department and the company
- Select and manage the day to day relationship and integration with multiple 3rd party contractor and service providers
- Support and enforce the use of standards, procedures, best practices, and methodologies
- Manage risks and dependencies across teams
- Scale and aggressively grow the team while providing technical direction, guidance, mentoring and hands-on management
- Work with an entrepreneurial mindset and laser focus on problem solving, managing deliverables and deployments
- Build a solid core of technical skills and expand the company’s intellectual property
- Partner with product management to define and implement a product roadmap and set the priority of new products and features
- You have 7+ years of engineering management experience in high-growth global engineering organizations leading teams of 200+ people
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a Computer Science or an adjacent degree domain, potentially with some information systems or business administration education.
- Eligible to work in the US.
- Technical career progression in software organizations, from hands on development to leading multiple successful engineering teams.
- Ability to foster a culture of innovation and promote engineering best practices across teams.
- Knowledgeable of system architecture, technical design, and system and software development technology
- Strong track record of success bringing complex software systems from concept, through development, and into production that have achieved or surpassed business goals
- Ability to multi-task and drive parallel projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to evaluate team member performance and recommend specific actions (e.g. salary changes, promotion, exit, etc…).
What we offer:
- 100% Company Paid Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Matching 401K (up to 6%, matching 100%, fully-vested)
- Flexible work hours
- Fully stocked kitchen