Mad Mobile is disrupting the POS industry with a mobile-first solution that meets the needs of modern customers. Our innovative technology modernizes point-of-sale for major restaurants and retailers so they can sell more effectively, respond quickly to any change, and deliver a superior customer experience.
Mad Mobile is looking for a skilled Senior Staff Accountant to manage revenue recognition, software capitalization, sales and use tax, and financial analysis to join our rapidly growing global team. We are seeking driven individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple priorities – a self-starter who can work independently but who is also a good team-player. This individual will need to be able to pick things up quickly and be able to meet deadlines with multiple tasks.
- Perform weekly and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Perform month-end and year-end closing tasks that includes journal entries, schedules, and reconciling sub-ledgers to general ledger accounts.
- Perform monthly balance sheet and income statement variance analysis.
- Assist with audit preparations and working with outside audit team. Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Assist in implementing ASC 606 Revenue Recognition for SaaS within Sage Intacct. Recognize and record deferred revenue on a monthly basis while maintain revenue schedules within Sage Intacct.
- Determine proper amounts of software to capitalize. Maintain Sage Intacct amortization schedules to ensure monthly amortization journal entries are booked.
- Manage, review, approve, and file monthly/quarterly/annual Sales and Use Tax returns via Avalara.
- Determine roadmap to prepare and file annual business property tax filings in various states. Compile asset level data to complete state business property tax filings.
- Work with CAKE POS payment processor and various federal and state tax agencies to uphold tax levies and liens on our restaurant operators, when requested.
- Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Years in related experience – 5 Years
- Proficient in accrual accounting. FASB accounting standards knowledge and research skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge and implementation of GAAP
- Experience in sales and use tax reporting in multiple states.
- Advanced knowledge of Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Month-end closing tasks, journal entries, and reconciliations
- Public Accounting experience
- Experience with Inventory
- Familiarity with ASC 606
- Basic knowledge of CRM software such as Salesforce
- Attitude that embraces continuous process improvement
- Sage Intacct ERP software or comparable software experience
- Basic knowledge of credit card processing
What we offer:
- 100% Company Paid Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Matching 401K (up to 6%, matching 100%, fully-vested)
- Flexible work hours
- Fully stocked kitchen