Mad Mobile is disrupting the POS industry with a mobile-first solution that meets the needs of modern customers. Our innovative technology modernizes point-of-sale for major restaurants and retailers so they can sell more effectively, respond quickly to any change, and deliver a superior customer experience.
We are seeking a Enterprise Technical Support Rep, Tier 2 candidate. The primary function of this position is to administer a variety of technical projects related to the setup, maintenance, and support of various Mad Mobile customer environments. Duties for this position include but are not limited to documentation and reporting.
This position will also serve as a general technical support specialist during high ticket volume periods by taking incoming requests from various customers. The work is performed under supervision of the Technical Support Supervisor. The primary duties of this individual are performed in the Mad Mobile Tampa office as it is an in-office position. This position will have a shared responsibility of extended support which includes “on call” rotation covering evening, night, holiday or weekend shifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical (Help Desk) support to existing Mad Mobile customers
- Advise and help in implementation of technology during customer solution development
- Develop and create documentation and support materials for customer technologies
- Train other staff and stakeholders on technical issues as needed
- Light design and programming work related to file transfers or automated scripting
- Analyze complex computer systems, identify problems, and develop and implement logical conclusions and effective solutions
- Develop and recommend cost effective technical system improvements
- Other duties outlined by the Production Support Manager and VP of Customer Operations
- A degree in an education / technology field or 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated success in working with people in establishing goals, objectives, and change management plans.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience/training in providing technical support
- Perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under pressure of time sensitive deadlines.
- Perform multiple tasks simultaneously, including handling interruptions, and return to and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate integrity, ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.
- Ability to easily adapt to and learn new technologies.
- Maintain important records efficiently and accurately
- Maintain confidentiality of information processed or prepared.
- Perform duties and responsibilities independently
- Ability to coordinate, research, and analyze special projects/reports
- Proficient knowledge of database structure with the ability to enter, manipulate, and report data.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Mad Mobile employees, supervisory personnel, and various customers’ technical teams
- Perform time management and scheduling functions, meet deadlines, and set project priorities, including following up on such functions or projects
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all requirements and Mad Mobile policies.
- Must possess positive, professional interpersonal skills
- Experience in hospitality, retail and grocery back-end enterprise environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science field
- 5 years’ experience in education related field
- Demonstrated successful project management skills
- Programming certifications, experience, or related course work
- Expertise in supporting technology, experience supporting learning management systems
- Experience working with internal tools such as Confluence, Jira , Service Desk, and logging platforms
- Web based applications and data access mechanisms
- Required: JSP
- Preferred: SQL and JAVA
- Understanding of PC operating systems and software on web based applications
- Windows Registry
- Firewalls and Network filtering
- Common Plugins and Browsers
- Antivirus and Anti Mal-Ware applications
- Network system and data flow theory and design
- Experience with MDM platforms
- Experience working on mobile operating systems (iOS and Android)
Language and Communication Skills:
- Ability to compose, read, interpret and edit complex documents and correspondence and relate information to stakeholders
- Communicate positively, professionally, and effectively to all stakeholders, both verbally and in writing
- Follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- Accurately proofread numerical and text data
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to execute instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to problem-solve (ex. involving concrete variables in standardized situations, etc.)
- Use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to written
- specifications and/or oral instructions
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
What we offer:
- 100% Company Paid Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Matching 401K (up to 6%, matching 100%, fully-vested)