Mad Mobile is disrupting the POS industry with a mobile-first solution that meets the needs of modern customers. Our innovative technology modernizes point-of-sale for major restaurants and retailers so they can sell more effectively, respond quickly to any change, and deliver a superior customer experience.
We’re seeking a Customer Support Representative that will provide superior customer support to CAKE product users by providing product inquiry support and related case resolution management via phone, email, SMS, and Chat through the application of technical resources, knowledgebase documentation, product skills expertise, and a value added customer service experience. The Customer Support Representative will represent the brand in all interactions and is expected to display a high degree of initiative, responsibility, service ethic, accountability, empowerment, be solution oriented, and enjoy working in a fast paced, diverse and success driven environment.
- Answers and documents incoming customer calls, and provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about CAKE products and services.
- Provide clarification, education, training, options, alternatives and solutions in order to ensure the success of our customers business operation.
- Identify and escalate priority issues per customers specifications, and perform follow up as needed.
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customers’ and clients’ business
- Responsible for resolving complex customer-related product and service issues associated with the implementation, usage and support of Cake POS.
- Provides technical support to customers, answering questions on function and usage of product. Serves as primary support liaison between company and customer.
- Ability to work as a strong team member, regular interaction with customers via phone and email, and the ability to maintain good working relationships between the team and the customer.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with clients and working to establish a positive rapport with every caller
- Impact the company’s bottom line by problem solving, educating the customer on the benefits and added value options of the platform and turning frustrated clients into satisfied customers
- Provide product, technical and network problem resolution to end-users (customers) by performing a question diagnosis, determining the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms, and guiding users through step-by-step solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner.
- Adhere to protocols for account security verification and information access restrictions
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates, and assist in maintaining and updating internal knowledge databases
- Evaluate and assist in testing and implementing proposed product enhancements
- Properly document all incoming requests and proactive outbound contacts using internal tracking systems
- Properly triage requests and handle first-level customer requests, complaints, billing issues, and selectively escalate appropriate requests to Application Support Engineering, Product Management, Finance, and/or Operations Management
- Assist in training and coaching new and existing team members on customer service skills, CAKE products, internal systems, and other concepts as required
- Maintain personal accountability for customer satisfaction survey results as well as share responsibility for Customer Support Team’s overall customer satisfaction levels as well as adherence to CAKE policies and service level agreements
- Provide relevant feedback to sales, operations, product management, etc. on situations and concepts affecting CAKE’s customers
- Other duties as assigned
The Customer Support Representative will have superior customer service skills, strong Team ethic, solution oriented mindset, technical aptitude, willingness to accept responsibilities, and ability to thrive in a flexible and driven to succeed environment.
- 1+ years customer service experience in phone call-center, chat / SMS customer communication environment, or Front of House restaurant position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Customer collaboration and service delivery skill
- Superior problem solving and deductive reasoning skills
- Strong ability to document troubleshooting and solutions materials
- Ability to follow and conceptualize innovative customer support processes
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in an driven, service oriented, high expectation operations environment
- Strong collaboration skills
- Flexibility to work scheduled shifts including mornings or evenings and weekends
Bonus Points For…
The Customer Support Representative would ideally have a background in hospitality (restaurants, hotels, or retail) in front-of-house operations.
- 2+ years FOH hospitality experience
- Strong knowledge of Point-of-Sale (POS) systems or other hospitality/retail technology
- Demonstrated knowledge of Networking or alternate technical troubleshooting aptitude
- Familiarity with multiple brands and models of SOHO (small-office/home-office) routers and networking devices
- Familiarity with multiple Internet Service Provider (ISP) protocols including cable, ADSL, PPPoE, T1, etc.
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience
- IT Certifications (A+, CSP, MCP, etc.) considered a strong advantage
What we offer:
- 100% Company Paid Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Matching 401K (up to 6%, matching 100%, fully-vested)